Friday, March 23, 2007

Central Park, Connaught Place

I was in CP the other day looking for a birthday gift for a friend. Walked through Central Park for the first time. Its made right above the Metro Station and it quite a nice place to walk around with not too many people around, atleast in the late afternoon. There was even an open air concert by Kailash Kher some days ago. Delhi is certainly coming up with some nice and cheap hang out places. Took some pics while walking across the Park. Here they are:
People relaxing in the Park:
I don't know what this is but there's water surrounding the building below:
Sights seen from the Park. Thats the Jeevan Bharti Building:
And this is one of my favourite places in CP, the Stateman Building which also houses the Oxford Book Shop where I go read books, have a good meal and meet up with friends:
People frolicking in the Park:
Pigeons, pigeons everywhere!!! Nice isnt it?
Finally the very familiar and reassuring letter box. Doesnt seeing one give you a nice, cosy feeling? Of letters, memories, smiles, tears and nostalgia?
By the way, the second Dilli Haat was inaugurated in Pitampura today. Anyone interested in giving it a try?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i would like to see CP now it aint a building site...

Ajj Kaim Singh said...

ohhh when did this transformation take place!!!

a year seems such a long time now....

Keep Blogging!

Anonymous said...

CP...wow..love that place...yum-ho eateries all around & grt places to shop...Never heard about the Central Park...But Dilli had really improved in the last 5 yrs or so...

Oye I love sandwiches & chai @ Chai-Bar !!!

fursat said...

Central Park in CP :| When you mentioned it before, I was like how come I have never heard of it but then I have never seen a Metro station either :|

This is so cool, love the greenery :)

Your last picture is the best. I still write snail mails and the charm of sending them, waiting for other person to get it and waiting for the reply, makes it all worth it...

Marlee said...

Pete: Just got back frm CP, its lovely to be there around this time! No more a building site, the Metro Staion & Central Park are al done up.

PSV: Welcome to my Blog! Yup, loads of changes happening around the place! FYI- A newPizza Hut opening shortly in the Outer Circle now.

Mehak: I love their sandwiches as well!!! n the ginger tea? Nice! :-D

Marlee said...

Ricky: Delhi Metro rocks! U'll love it! It takes me just 15 minutes frm DU to get to CP!

The greeenary is nice isnt it? Esp, in a tree less CP!

Letters, love them as well :-D I still ahve the letters I wrote to my parents frm my Hostel when I was 9!!!

Sandy said...

U r surely putting ur digicam to gud use.....parks n piegons make really nice view...so did the gud old letter box...jst realised didnt saw 1 in ages.

U seem to be keeping lot of track of wats happening in delhi, here a site which probably cud add to ur knowledge base: www.ilaaka.com

Marlee said...

Sandy: Welcome to my Blog! Glad u liked the pics.

Thanks for the link, will check it out soon!

Anonymous said...

with that handycam of urs and all the city hopping,u can surely write'a hitchhikers guide to the city of djinns' for sure...i m buying it..anyone???

Marlee said...

Rikesh: Lol! I cant write for peanuts worth! But thanks for the Confidence buddy! :-)